Go To Contents


In order to study in Korea for more than 90 days, you need to apply for a D-2 student visa. A student visa can be obtained at Korean consulates, usually overnight. It can be extended here in Seoul without having to leave Korea.

To apply for a student visa (D-2), you will need the following items:

  • 1) Completed visa application form (available at http://www.hikorea.go.kr)
  • 2) Valid passport
  • 3) Certificate of admission (acceptance letter from University of North Korean Studies)
  • 4) Bank statement (require a minimum balance of US $20000.00)
  • 5) Two passport-size photographs (3.5cm X 4.5cm)
  • * For more information: Immigration Contact Center for foreigners (82-2-6908-1646)